Wearing the right nursing and maternity bra is important during your pregnancy and breast feeding. Not only to provide you with the much needed support but also to ensure you’re comfortable as you increase cup sizes at various stages. Generally during your pregnancy you may increase a full cup size or more and band size which you may notice this around 16-20 weeks into your pregnancy. Once baby arrives within three to four days post pregnancy you may again increase a full cup size or more but go down a band size as your rib cage goes to pre pregnancy size. Below are some tips on helping you choose the right bra for you:
- make sure the straps are wide enough and adjustable to provide you with support
- if you plan on breast feeding your baby invest in a nursing bra in the beginning of your pregnancy so you can wear it throughout the 37+ weeks and while breast feeding
- invest in at least one neutral colour bra and black bra as basics to wear under your maternity wear and nursing wear
- a good well fitted bra that provides you with the support may help minimise stretch marks
- make sure you have hooks at the back that can be adjusted to your comfort
- you should have no overflow from the top or sides of your cups and the hook should fit comfortably around your rib cage on the tightest hook initially and then increase to last further into pregnancy
We stock the international brand spring maternity nursing bras, with the entire range of bras at the affordable price of $39.95.
Quick nursing tip, leave the drop cup kwick clip off ie don't click it in after nursing this helps you remember which side you feed last. Or you can try tucking a tissue in the strap and changing it each time you feed.
Make sure you measure yourself and use a conversion chart to find your correct size .Size really does matter when it comes to fitting yourself with the right maternity/nursing bra.